Established on March 28, 2005
Revised on August 24, 2015
- 1. Acquisition of personal information
- The Company will acquire personal information by legitimate and fair means. When using personal information, the Company will put up a clear notice beforehand regarding the purpose of using such information, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
- 2. Use of personal information
- Personal information will be used within the scope of the purpose set out by the Company when acquiring such information, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
- 3. Supervision of delegated parties
- If the Company provides personal information to a party entrusted with the implementation of operations that it aims to accomplish, it will properly manage and supervise that party.
- 4. Provision of personal information to third parties
- The Company will not provide any personal information to third parties, unless otherwise required by laws and regulations.
- 5. Management of personal information
- The Company strives to maintain proper and reasonable security for all of the personal information it acquires, taking sufficient security measures to prevent the occurrence of illegal access, loss, damage, modification, and leakage. In addition, if for some reason the Company does not consider it necessary to keep the personal information in its possession, such as the expiration of the legally required retention period, it will immediately discard or remove this personal information.
- 6. Request for the disclosure, revision, etc. of personal information
- Requests by an individual for the disclosure, revision, etc. of that person's personal information will be handled immediately in accordance with the corresponding laws and regulations.
- 7. Organizations and systems
- The Company appoints an administrator responsible for the protection of personal information, and conducts the proper management of personal information. It provides training to officers and employees so that they will know how to protect and properly manage personal information. By conducting this training, the Company ensures that personal information is handled properly in daily operations.
- 8. Compliance with laws, regulations and rules, and revisions
- The Company complies with the applicable laws and regulations related to personal information, as well as guidelines issued by the Government, and if necessary will revise and improve the initiatives set forth in the preceding items to ensure that the protection of personal information is further enhanced.
If you have any inquiries about this Privacy, please contact the Personnel & General Affairs Dept. (E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org )
Policy on handling of personal information of visitors to Kanematsu's website
The management of Kanematsu Corporation regards the protection of the privacy of its customers as part the Company's social mission. This includes the safekeeping and non-disclosure to third parties of personal information supplied to the Company by visitors to its website, such as the names and addresses of such visitors. Details of measures taken to protect visitors' personal information are listed below. Please note that these measures extend only to Kanematsu's own website, and we can accept no responsibility for the protection of personal information supplied to other websites to which our own provides links. Users are advised to confirm the privacy policies of the owners of the said linked websites.
- 1. Uses of personal information obtained
- Personal information supplied to the Company by customers will be used for the preparation of responses to comments and inquiries related to the products and services handled by the Company, the distribution of various types of notifications and information related to job opportunities, as well as other matters that fall within the scope of purpose conveyed to customers for the provision of information. Personal information supplied by customers will not be used for any purpose, other than the purposes stated above, without the prior agreement of the customer.
- 2. Disclosure to third parties
- In principle, the Company does not divulge personal information obtained from visitors to its website to third parties without the permission of the visitor in question. This policy does not apply, however, in cases where the law obliges the Company to divulge such information, or when the Company is subject to a court order specifying that such information must be released.
- 3. Management of personal information
- The Company takes great pains to ensure that the security system operating on its website is regularly upgraded and maintained at a high level of operational efficiency, thus minimizing the possibility of unauthorized access to personal information by outside parties, the accidental leakage of such personal information, or the deliberate release of such information by Company employees.
- 5. Acquisition of personal information from the Company's website
- Cookie :
The Company's website contains pages that use a form of technology known as "cookies." Cookies are used to send data to the user's software for Internet surfing (browser) and refers to its content, making it easier for the user to use the website the next time they visit it. However, cookies are not intended to be used to acquire the personal information of the user. The user may disable cookies by reconfiguring the browser to stop accepting cookies.
The Company's website incorporates the Secure Socket Layer (SSL), an encryption technology, in the "Contact Us" page, so that users can enter data such as personal information in a secure manner. The SSL sends out the information entered by the user after the information is encrypted.
The Company's websites automatically records the information of users in the form of access logs. This information includes the IP address of the user, as well the type of browser used and number of accesses. However, no information is included that individually specifies the user. Access logs, which are used to collect statistics and analyze the use of services, will not be utilized for any other purpose.